Thursday, July 19, 2007

Iowa- In a really BIG nutshell!

This post is not entirely in chronological order.
This trip was just way too fun to tell EVERYTHING!!!
And I don't think my kids will let me sit here long enough to detail it.
Uploading the pics alone was way too long of a task!


We are smiling here, but the flight from PHX. to Denver was nothing to smile about.
The cabin pressure and the turbulance were aweful! We both felt so nauseous and headachy.
It was YUCK!
Luckily the flight from Denver to Kansas City, Missouri was MUCH better.
It is a lot cheaper to fly into MO. than it is to Des Moines, Iowa.
Unfortunatley Kansas City is nearly 3 hours away from my sisters house and Des Moines is 5 minutes away.
So when we arrived we had a long drive ahead of us in the middle of the night.
These gas stations are all over the place.
Why don't we have CREATIVE names for our gas stations?!

We had good eats at Champps Bar and Grill,


but not before we took tons of pictures of ourselves.
I'll just share one and spare you the rest.

For those of you wondering, my sister-in-law, Kim, came along with me.
Us 3 do well together :)



We shopped a TON!!!


Are we HOT or what?!


Grandma Cook and Grandma Black.




I met a BUNCH of family I had never met before.





I had the most wonderful time being LOVED on by my sweet little Miss Kinley!!!







Seriously in hog heaven with this little girl!






Nothing like sharing some FISHY KISSES!!!






My sister's beautiful kids!!!
Kayleigh, Mason, Mckinley, Kyndall (not enjoying being squished)


PEACHES N' CREAM CORN

The yummiest corn ever!!!
We brought home a dozen and I so wish we would have had room for more!



On Saturday night we went to the Funny Bone Comedy Club.
I can't even described how freakin' hilarious it was!
We laughed so stinkin' hard!
This was one night I would love to relive over and over!

We were right up front!
We saw LOTS of spit FLY, but none landed on us thank goodness!
My very BEAUTIFUL sister!

and very BEAUTIFUL sister-in-law!
These 2 guys were AWESOME!!!
John T. Bush and John Pinnett
You may recognize John Pinnett from Revenge of the Nerds and Comedy Central.
Pauly Shore is coming to the Funny Bone on July 27th!
I am soooo sad that I won't be there! He's so cute!
But I don't know how clean his shows are.

GOODBYES SUCK!!!
Mason is my little man!

The last picture just before boarding the plane.
I had the most fabulous time!
I can't wait to go back!
Missy, it's your turn to come here now!
For a more detailed version click HERE

6 comments:

Cara said...

Looks like a fun trip! I've seen the Kum and Go gas station before. I think in Colorado. When I first saw it, it took me a minute to get it.

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

Looks like you had a ton of fun! Cute pictures. Love the gas station..isnt that porn?!
Did you tell your sister i have a mason and kendall too?

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kim said...

Your so sweet. I did have a lot of fun. I will admit that it was fun having someone to wake up too. Thanks, I miss those mornings when I thought that you were still sleeping. LOL!

Cj Lisa and Piper said...

could you guys get any cuter! it looks like you had so much fun on your trip! i'm so happy that you got to meet lots of family and have a fun ol time! love ya

Kim & Max Willis family said...

man im so jelious that i was'nt invited! you know i would have danced with you katie at the bar!!ha ha! i get crazy!! :)