Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Another Animal!

Taylor couldn't have picked a better day to beg for a hamster,
than the day of her baptism.
While I was cleaning the house and making food for a few guests to come over
after her baptism, Chris took the kids to the pet store
"just to look."
(or so I thought)
Taylor has been wanting a hamster for a little over a year now.
She would beg off and on for one.
We always said, "No, our house is already a zoo."
While at the pet store she begged and begged and Chris finally said,
"a guinea pig would be so much more fun...and durable."
So she begged and begged for a guinea pig.
So Chris called me and asked if they could get one.
I said, "NO."
Chris said, "OK."
Then he told Taylor and I heard the crying and the whining so I said I gotta go.
Meet Chloe
I know you are probably confused now.
I was too.
I had been crying (long story) and Chris walks in the door and says,
"you need some cheering up so we got her anyway."
Somehow this actually worked.
Crazy I know!
It should have made me more upset and given me the right to give him
evil death looks
for at least the rest of the day.
I asked him later that night why he got her anyway when I said no.
He said, "well, this was Taylor's special day and I didn't want her to be upset on her special day and always look back on her baptism day and remember how her mom and dad wouldn't let her have a guinea pig."
I rolled my eyes and then leaned in to give him a kiss and told him he was
rediculous and a big softy!

(Heather, I hope you are not offended that we named our pig Chloe!)
Oh, by the way, I made him get rid of the lizard.

13 comments:

Kim said...

Great another animal! Glad it is your house and not mine.

Crazymamaof6 said...

wow ! nice chris! lucky taylor, and are you aware that if you leave a guinea pig in the sun in the summer it dies, it happened to me with my second grade class pet. very sad and embarrassing. so if you want the pet to survive don't leave it in the sun.

Amy said...

You guys are the BIGGEST softy's . She's cute . I hope Taylor enjoys her. We miss you !

Amy

P.S. Logan just asked if he was going to get a turtle for his Baptism . THANK YOU VERY MUCH ! HA !

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

that is so funny! But Im glad it made you happy, and not sad! (or mad) good luck!!

THE ROGERS FAMILY said...

I am so glad that your hamster and my daughter have something in common. But I must say my Chloe is much cuter!!!!!

Crissybug said...

I am don't really want pets in my house either...but will probably end up caving someday too. I hope that Chloe turns out to be an enjoyable pet.

I hope things are looking brighter for you!

Shauna said...

That's probably the only way I'd allow a pet - on a baptism day :) I like your husband's way of thinking, though. Owen is dying for a dog but I say not until he's 8... the age of ACCOUNTABILITY so he can pick up the poop not me. But we are going to go through w/the fish for his 4th birthday.

Malissa said...

Fish are good Shauna...easy and when they no one really is that sad! They're just excited they get to flush him down the toilet!! Katie all your links and stuff on the side of your blog will erase....it's a pain in the butt! I just copied everything so I could rememeber what I had over there. Heather's was easy cause it was knew! You did know her first!! I'll give you that!! You going to the reunion??

Courtney said...

Hey Katie,
It's great to see your blog! Long time no see...I hope all is well with your adorable family and new guinea pig. Haha! Your a better mom & wife than me!

Kim A said...

That is SO funny! What a cute guinea pig.....and to answer your question about the clothing, yes you can come over and try it on. Just email me your phone number and we'll set something up. kimberlysdesign2003@yahoo.com.

Emily R said...

that is cute! i dont do pets... glad it cheered you up!

Kleinmans said...

Katie it's fun to see your blog. I don't do myspace much anymore. Too many creepy's! =) Your family is so cute. How fun that your oldest was baptized. That day seems so far off for me, but I know it'll come before I know it! It's fun to see you guys on here! Good luck with the guinea pig!
Michelle Kleinman

KatieJ said...

That is so funny! I can imagine my husband doing the same thing. How crazy to have a daughter that is 8 already! I bet that would be an emotional day anyways!