We left on Thursday May 29th, Chris' 32nd birthday.
We unloaded all our gear, put our suits on and headed down to the beach.

Me, Chris' mom and his sister Leah made an earthquake cake, per Chris' request.
It smelled like roasted marshmallows and we were all worried we burnt the cake, but it was delicious!

The view from our balcony.

Preston caught a fish ALL BY HIMSELF! And it wasn't your ordinary fish. It had cool stripes!

Peyton had a fun time covering Taylor with sand.
The sand fight:






and he's outta here.


Chris' brother, Aaron, got stung by a sting ray! He was out of commission for quite a few hours afterwards. We were all glad when the pain finally stopped (for the most part) so he could join the fun again.


On Saturday night Preston fell asleep on the couch. I noticed his lips looked extra lucsious.
On Sunday morning he woke up and they were HUGE! They totally got sun blistered!
This picture was taken a few hours after he woke up and they had actually gone down a bit.
His bottom lip was the worst. We had to call him bubba gump for awhile.
I of course felt like a horrible mom and blamed myself for not doing a better job of keeping him dowsed in sunscreen. He was always out fishing or swimming.
Our trip was wonderful and one that we look forward to every year. It's a great way to kick off the summer fun! We were delighted to have our good friend's Aaron and Julie and their little girl, booked their trip the same weekend we were going! We had a great time.
I can't wait to go back with just Chris in a few weeks for our anniversary and say,
"No, Gracias" every 2 minutes.
12 comments:
I'm laughing at your comment Katie..don't worry, I don't think you're creepy! What a fun Rocky Point trip...Aaron and I have NEVER gone to Mexico! Maybe this summer. Your little boys lips are so sad, my sister growing up always used to get blistered lips after going to beach, so I'm sure she could really relate!
Happy B-day Chris ! We hope you laid on the beach and relaxed and got some sun on those legs of yours. HE ! Poor Preston,SO sad. I got sun poising once and that's why my face is always red now. It was blistered and got infected...ETC. Looks like a WAY fun trip. We never did do Mexico while we lived there..DANG we should have. Miss you !
When did I miss the sand fight! Thoses are awesome pic of the two of them! Oh Preston maybe he will be more excited for the sun screen next time
Looks like lots of fun at rocky point!!! Happy Blated Birthday sorry I missed it. We were packing that day.
Um...yes, Katie, you do look huge. But where else is that baby supposed to hide. I on the other hand, have plenty of space for the baby to hide. I still don't feel that I look pregnant. I miss the beach!!
What a fun time! I have debated taking the kids there for months. From the looks of your trip, I just might do it!:)
How fun! I miss rocky point! Looks like you guys had a great time!
Dang! That looks like fun, the beach looks great, the place you stayed, everything! Maybe I will have to convince Phil that Mexico is A-okay.
Looks like a ton of fun...makes me wanna pack up and go tomorrow!! Poor Prestons lips!! I'm the worst sunscreen reapplyer!! I gotta get better this summer!
We just got home from Rocky Point!! We love it too!! Such a fun, quick trip and the kids always have fun!! Happy birthday Chris...hope it was a great one!!!
What a fun time!! The water is so clear. Travis's parents havea their trailer down there, and we have never been. Hopefully we can go this fall sometime. It looks relaxing & fun. My kind of vacation!!
OHHH I am so jealous right now. We didn't get to go to Rocky Point for spring break this year and really wish we could have. I think that is one of Corbin's favorite places.
Post a Comment