So on Saturday morning, Taylor calls her friend Bailey to see if she can play. Bailey says she has to do her chores first then she can and will call when she is done. Within 5 minutes, Chris' little sister who is 3 years older than Taylor calls to see if Taylor can play. I'm in the bathroom washing my face and Taylor comes in and says "mom I want to play with Lori instead and I'll play with Bailey another day." I said, "whatever it's your decision." ( I said this thinking, well Bailey doesn't always call back so that's fine. I wasn't in the mood to deal with tears if she didn't ever call back that day- I know, not the best choice on my part.) So Taylor walks away saying," yes Lori you can come over." A few minutes after that, Chris gets a phone call from Bailey's dad, who is our good friend, asking if everything is alright and if they need to watch our kids for the day. Chris says, "ummm yeah, everything is fine. Why would you need to watch our kids?" Nate says, "Taylor said, that she couldn't play because she had to go to her grandma and grandpas because someone DIED!"
Can you freakin' believe that?! We couldn't! Have we failed as parents?! I know I'm no where near perfect and I'm not always the nicest mom because I lose my patience sometimes, but I didn't think I was a horrible parent! I know our kids make their own choices and have to suffer the consequences, but sometimes I feel like it's my fault if they don't choose the right. Like I haven't done all that I could to teach them. It scares me for what is to come!
We had a good talk with her and asked her how she felt and she felt horrible. We had her call Lori back and tell her she can't play. And we told her that she would need to call Bailey and tell her that she lied. She didn't want to call Bailey cuz she felt so embarrassed and bad. So we let her wait till she saw her at church the next day. I'm sure this one will be one to remember and laugh about. In fact everyone we have told has totally cracked up. It's always funnier when it's not your kid. LOL
Taylor,
I love you so very much! You are a wonderful daughter and I am so grateful that you are in our family and I get to be your mom! You are so smart and funny and an awesome helper! You are a very talented artist and a great writer and story teller! Keep up the great work and remember to only use your talents for good! I love you!
Love,
Mom
Monday, June 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
That is funny! I was thinking that her friend was going to call her a Liar Liar. To cute. This is what I have to look forward too. Great!
Ok, this would be easier if I had your email address...what is it! Or email me, we can chat.
meredith
meredith91@yahoo.com
that is cute! i think kids learn from things like that! definately one of those stories to tell her boyfriends and her own children! write it in a family memories journal or something!
but you are not a bad parent...
Ok, so I have totally seen your blog before. I remembered the tiny sand dollar. I didn't realize it was you. I guess being the mom also means you are the photographer so you aren't in as many pictures:) It is so fun to see you and your family. Your kids are adorable!
Katie, I'm finally leaving a comment on your blog although I have been enjoying it since I discovered it following your comment on mine! I have many a liar liar story of my own...mostly from the same child. It always makes for good storytelling...
Tell Melissa to start a blog!
This is one of the funniest stories I have read. Man, kids think up some of the craziest things! Thanks for the laugh.
Post a Comment