Monday, February 25, 2008

Got Chickens?

Well we do!

I know, I know. I'm embarrassed to even tell you all.

But appearently my husband is a farmer at heart.

And we go through a ton of eggs all the time.

Chris transformed our previous "bunny mansion" (yes we've had bunnies too) into a coop.

They all seem to really like their new home.

When I walked outside to see how Ellie was doing she said,
"The chickies are showing eachother how to be happy inside."
Huh? I still don't know what she meant.
In a few months they should start laying eggs.
If not, then off with their heads!!!
Just kidding...well, maybe.

10 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

WOW! you ARE a nice brave wife. hope that works out. love that you've had bunnies too. seriously that is rad

Hannah + 4 said...

Thats a good idea... When we moved into our house there was a chicken coop and they even left some eggs behind.. ha but it got torn out, maybe we should have kept it.

Chris, Mom,and Grandma said...

Great now i know were to buy my eggs!! if their for sale!! OScar had so much fun playing with Preston we will have to do that again.

Amy said...

Oh nice ! My kids keep asking for a CAMEL. HELLO! I would love to have chickens only if we had land. That's the plan some day. How are you feeling? I need to call you. Love ya !

Malissa said...

Thta is good food storage...for eggs or chicken!! Yuck! I couldn't handle eating the poor little chickens, I hope the eggs work out for you!

Kim said...

I saw a stray cat and dog the other day do you want me to bring those by too? Better you then me having all of those pets.

Shauna said...

That's awesome. Talk about self-sufficient!

Julie said...

Sweet, the ides of a farm is so fun its just the work that holds me back. I would really love little goats.

Becky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.