
One morning in late June 2004, I woke up with the feeling I needed a blue-eyed kitten and his name would be Viggo. I told Chris (who is not a fan of cats, but likes kittens-and loves me enough to let me have one) and begged a little bit and off to the Humane Society we went. Sure enough we found a litter of 3 blue-eyed kittens. Two boys and a girl. I chose the one with a big dark spot on his nose. Adoption time was over so we had to come back the next day. Chris had to work so I got a sitter and convinced my sister-in-law (who does not like cats at all) to come with me. We got there and saw that all the kittens were still there so we got in the adoption line. As we were standing in the line a little boy walked through the doors and he was holding the kitten I had picked out! I was bummed for a second then realized that the other one was really mine. So we adopted the other brother who was just as cute, but without the unique spot on his nose. I was so excited and knew he was meant to be mine.
This morning Chris found him on the side of the road in our grass as he was leaving with our 3 older kids to church. Needless to say, they didn't go. We put him in a box and Chris was wonderful and dug a hole in our backyard. We wrote notes to him and read them to him and put them in his box. We are so sad he is gone and are still in shock.
Goodbye Viggo. We love you so much and will miss you!



15 comments:
I am soooo sad, too. He was such a good personable kitty. lots of hugs to all of you...
Love,
Sharon
oh thats so sad. And sad that your kids had to see it. I take it someone hit him with a car..thats to bad they didnt have the guts to tell you.
I am so sad for your family Katie. I hope that you are all remembering the fun times that you had with him.
OMG I'm just about in tears myself!!! Sooo sad...I too am a HUGE cat lover and I feel your pain for you! And that your poor kiddos had to see the him...how traumatic. Oh, I'm just dying over here for you! I don't know what I'd do without my kitty's!??! Lots of love and hugs to you guys!!!
I'm so sorry! He looks like a beautiful cat, that is so sad.
katie out of all the cats to go vigo was definatly my favorite.he was such a good cat to taylor,and all your kids.im so sorry.
Well I'm glad June and I were able to enjoy Viggo's sweet personality that day we brought the clothes over....June just LOVED him! I'm so sorry for your loss :(
I'm sorry for your loss. That is sad for you and your kids. Animals really become part of a family. I still miss my dog that I grew up with and he died like 12 years ago.
It is always so hard to lose a pet. When I was little I loved pets, but now I don't really want them in my house. It must have been so hard to find the cat, but at least you were able to do something nice for poor Viggo.
Are you guys going to get a new cat?
Katie,
I'm SO sorry. What happened? I know you guys loved him.
Amy
Katie oh such a sweet boy. Aaron wanted me to let you know you can have all three of our cats if your want;)We don't have one with blue eyes but we do have a black one with yellow eyes:( I am sorry for your kids because chilren do seem to have such a sweet loves for animals.xoxo
Sorry to hear about your kitty cat. I personally only love kittens also, but I am sad kids have to go through losing a pet...it's so sad.
That is so sad!! I am so sorry!!! Amazingly pets become like a part of the family, that was sweet that you buried him!!!
sad katie i remember everyone of our pets deaths some of which were not pleasant even as an adult a pets death brings me to tears and several days of "mourning". and we most definately always had a funeral service... sorry to hear about viggo :(
That is so sad! :( I'm sorry!
Post a Comment