One year ago today, I met my sister, Missy. We have always known about eachother, but never spoke to one another. We have the same dad and she is 3 years younger than me. She called me out of the blue in October 2006. We spoke for hours on the phone for about 3 weeks when she decided to book a plane ticket to come to Arizona in January. I got really impatient and a few days later I booked plane tickets for Chris and I to go visit her and her family in Iowa 2 weeks later. It was such a sereal experience. We had a great time out there. It was so fun meeting her husband and 4 kids. In January she came and met my family. Then back in July I went out there again. It really sucks how much distance is between us, but I am so thankful for how close we have become! I can't wait for the day when our kids can finally meet eachother!Saturday, November 17, 2007
Meeting Missy.
One year ago today, I met my sister, Missy. We have always known about eachother, but never spoke to one another. We have the same dad and she is 3 years younger than me. She called me out of the blue in October 2006. We spoke for hours on the phone for about 3 weeks when she decided to book a plane ticket to come to Arizona in January. I got really impatient and a few days later I booked plane tickets for Chris and I to go visit her and her family in Iowa 2 weeks later. It was such a sereal experience. We had a great time out there. It was so fun meeting her husband and 4 kids. In January she came and met my family. Then back in July I went out there again. It really sucks how much distance is between us, but I am so thankful for how close we have become! I can't wait for the day when our kids can finally meet eachother!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
WOW! That is so neat! That defiantely had to be very sereal, like you said. I can't imagine meeting my sister after all those years. How nice that you two are able to have a close relationship considering the distance. I hope your children get to meet each other very soon! New cousins!!...TOO FUN!
She needs to come again soon! Or we can go there again. I am open to that!
How exciting is that! That is great that you two are so close now...sisters are wonderful!! You guys need to meet in the middle somewhere and go play!! That is so great!
That is so awesome. My sisters are my best friends and I don't know what I'd do w/o them How cool that you can be so close to your sister despite the short time of knowing each other. Sisters just have that bond I think!
Wow That's is so crazy. That's great that you guys have become so close. I love my sisters so much and wish that I lived close to all of them too. Some live close and others live in Texas (to far). That's great that you finally met each other. She super cute, just like you.
that is really neat! im happy for the both of you! you guys look cute :)
Is she your only sister? That's so great that you found one another!!
That is so neat that you guys clicked and were instantly good friends! That must be so nice to finally know each other!
Post a Comment