I drag my lazy FaceBooking from my BlackBerry buns out of bed to the door. I peek out and I behold one of my dearest friends! I quickly open the door and hug Amy and then realize 3 things:
1. I haven't brushed my teeth yet.
2. I have no bra on. (Nursing boobs should not be allowed to roam free in public).
3. My house is a trashed mess!
I could add a number 4 in there, but we all know I don't always wear make-up despite the fact that I look way better with it on.
I let her in with a giant warning of a cps worthy mess. She so kindly reminded me that the first time she ever came over I was in my unmentionables and had to quickly throw clothes on before I let her in only to see pancakes torn up all over the carpet and some nursing pads flung around just for good measure. Then I realized something. This is how my heaven on earth looks most days when there is a baby I am nurturing day and night. And I realized, I am okay with that. Until I can't stand it for one second longer, then I have a freak out moment and everyone pitches in so I can experience cleanliness for a few hours...or minutes...you know how it goes with a lot of little people running around.
Back to my dear friend Amy. She moved to Utah almost 2 years ago. Two years already! She lived just down the street and oh how I miss having her there. She is a true friend who takes you how you are. She has 5 handsome boys! What a fantastic mom she is! I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends surrounding me who set such a great example.
My day couldn't have started out any better. Well, waking up to a clean house would have been nice. But waking up to a visit from a great friend and finally getting to introduce her to yet another pride and joy is a great start to a beautiful day!



4 comments:
I loved to see her as well! She stopped by my house yesterday. I hope they move back here!
You lucky! I love that Amy. It was so fun to see her at church! She definately fits in a "true friend" catagory. I think Amy Jackson might be one of the most down to earth, lovely people I've ever known... and so easy to love and be friends with .... and missed something fierce around these parts of Mesa.
You lucky girl to have her show up at your door. You and I are kindred spirits on the house thing, although it's been years since I had nursing pads all over. Thank heavens!
OKAY!!! I'm BAWLING all over the place. It was so great to see everyone. I didn't get to make it everywhere,but in April we're going to party with everyone. Miss you guys!!
Post a Comment