Sunday, May 31, 2009
Dejavu
We are once again in the hospital with our sweet little Carson. This time it is Spinal Meningitis.
On Monday morning he woke up with a high fever and started throwing up. Preston also woke up sick with the barfs and diarrhea. On Tuesday I came down with it.
By Wednesday he stopped throwing up and his fever went away. We thought Carson's bout was just about over.
Wednesday evening his fever came back and he acted like he was in pain.
Thursday he was becoming more and more lethargic. Thursday evening I noticed Carson had strange breathing happening as he slept. Three quick breaths, pause, three quick breaths, pause. I woke him up and he stopped the scary pattern.
We headed to Phoenix Children's Urgent Care. He was hooked up to IV fluids and highly suspected meningitis. He was given antibiotics and off in an ambulance we went.
When we arrived at Phoenix Children's Hospital at 12:00am on Friday morning. Which happens to be Chris' birthday. He was given a spinal tap and results confirmed Bacterial Meningitis.
So here we are. He will be in the hospital for 10 to 14 days.
As of right now, he is not keeping much down and his fever keeps coming back. He will be getting another CT scan to check for any fluid on the brain.
We are hoping and praying he will recover quickly and fully. Some of the side effects of meningitis are possible hearing loss and brain damage. Please keep him in your prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




12 comments:
Im so sorry you guys are going through this. He looks so cute in that picture. I love his chubby legs.
So how do kids get menigitis??
Hang in there, keep us posted
OH NO! This is so sad. I will keep you guys in my prayers. Please let us all know if there is anything we can do to help you guys out.
We are praying for him and your sweet family. I'm so sorry you are enduring this...
Katie I have been following on your facebook. You are an amazing mother, I dont think that I could have done what you have done! You are so brave and much stronger than I am. He is such a trooper and looks so dang cute sleeping. He is so in our prayers and hope that he recovers fully with no complications. I have heard that your kids are all taken care of this week, but please dont hesitate to call....I can whip up something great for you while you are at the hospital! We miss you guys and cant wait to see baby Carson crawling around the foyer with Collin here in a few weeks!
Oh bug, I am so sorry this is happening! He is definitely in our prayers. I am not working much this week so please let me know what I can do to help out. Love you.
Katie
Please know we are all praying for him here at the Dillard house. We love you guys!
oh no! i'm so sorry. you will be in our prayers.
Bless your heart. There is nothing worse than watching helplessly as your baby lies in a hospital bed. Keep praying and thinking positive. We'll do the same and I'm sure you'll all be home safe and sound soon.
So scary! We will def keep him in our prayers! Hope he makes a full and quick recovery!
Oh Katie-- I am so sorry-I have to say ditto to Stacey comment- you are so strong.
If you need anything let me know-- We would love to have Peyton and Ellie come over and play or even bring you all some ummy dinner- Please don't hesitate to call
Katie I am so sorry! That is so scary - I can't even imagine going through that. You guys will definitely be in our prayers. We hope he starts feeling better soon.
Katie!! he looks so sweet, yet it's so sad to see him hooked up to all of those monitors! It breaks my heart that you are in the hospital again...we've been praying for your sweet family!!
Post a Comment