Little does she know I have let them pile up. Again and again. I do share this same philosophy, however, every now and then the dishes do need to get done. Savoring my babies is very important to me. It's what I do best. Especially since my baby making days are coming closer and closer to an end with every baby I have. I can't just keep going till I have twenty! I'd like to stay home and raise them all rather than end up in a mental institution.
This morning I put Carson in his swing in front of the open door while the sprinklers were on. The cool 73 degrees and white noise coming from the sprinklers lulled him right to sleep. I can assure you that I got a lot done. Lucky for him, it will all be undone in no time and eventually it's back to the swing.




15 comments:
I wish I could do that all day...sit in a swing while you did my dishes..lol... and just fall asleep!! That is the life!
i totally agree. there is nothing more important than holding babies, but sometimes you just have to do the dishes.
yup i'm a BABY savor-er. but yeah you have to wash them sometime. and you really do need silverware occasionally.
super cute! love that he like the swing.
katie its so fun to hear little tid bits about your family and carson!
Oh too cute! I agree with crazymama,you do have to have dishes sometime.....unless you change to paper. HA! Is he fussy like Preston and Peyton? Send him to my house. Hows he feeling? Oh he's SO cute.
My little one isn't so little anymore and I still try to savor the moments and not do dishes! Swings are the best! He looks so comfy!
I think my house has seen cleaner days as well...but Katie...I read your older posts...poor little Carson! I hope that all is better now. How scary to have your new baby with a fever. I bet you were getting great sleep then huh?
what the dish fairy did not come to your house! mine neither what is she up to LOL I am glad he enjoyed some swinging time and the beauty of a AZ Fall! I remember crying to Aaron when Gionni went down to one nap a day, I said "I cant get anything done with out missing somethings she does, what am I going to do" some how it did work out because MOST of the time we have clean undies!
oh darn i wish i had known you were looking for a swing, i have a really nice one that has only been used a couple of times, i would have been more then happy to let tke it... glad he is enjoying he's swing and letting you get some things done!
Why do you think I resorted to paper plates, plastic silverware and aluminum baking pans?
Enjoy that sweet baby of yours!
Ahhhhh. So nice. He is seriously one cute kid. I'm sorry about the scary hospital stay...hope he's all better!
What a GREAT idea!! Hey...Whatever it takes right!!!
I can't remember the last time I saw my counter-top! We do a lot of paper plates in our house when I have a new baby! Love it!! What a life to just sit in a swing and listen to the sprinklers! I'm glad he's feeling better. My Preston was in the hospital for 3 days when he was barely a month old. Turned out to be the same thing, just a virus. But I could totally relate to what you went through. No fun! I decided we're totally done with hospitals!
I'm so glad he likes his swing. My Mom bought one for Jackson hoping it would allow me to do the dishes, too. I'm a big time baby savorer, but if I don't have anything clean to eat with and don't make him any milk then that will make him mad...lol. So far, it's not worked as well as we'd hoped, but I keep putting him in there.
well put!! I do NOT know how you do it with 5...juggling three has its challenges for me. I've noticed there is NO 'me' time anymore!!
Post a Comment