Monday, June 8, 2009

innovative








When you are stuck in the hospital for 14 days it's important to have several forms of entertainment.

UPDATE: Carson's iron levels are pretty low. Normal is about an 11 and his is at 6.2. He is starting iron supplements today and hopefully his levels start going up in 3 days. Thursday is still looking good for going home. As long as no fevers return and they see his iron levels going up. So you know what to pray for. Keep the prayers coming! Thank you all for your prayers, love and concern!!

5 comments:

Courtney said...

wow, you guys have been through it. Thats adorable how they have the TV on top of his bed for him. I love when hospitals go out of their way to make the little kids happy.

Suz said...

These pics make that closet you're living in look more like a palace. I was a little wowed by the size of your living quarters. Even more impressive is how coochy one can get in such small space! A broken zipper... open wide... nothing a little salsa party pale and two bags of chips and a coke can't fix though... right?
Did you get new blankets?
Oh... bring that babe home...

Barbie said...

Okay, who thought that up? Hang in there, it sounds like it's almost over. We'll keep praying.

Julie said...

first his bed looks like a jail with all that metal :( or like a zoo is it to keep those little monkey's in bed! but i love the tv for movies much better! yeah for going home everyone will feel much better there!

Heather said...

Katie! What in the world? I haven't seen your blog in a while & I was sitting here reading with my eyes filling with tears. I'm so sorry. That is so scary.

I empathize because we rushed Sage to PCH Urgent Care last week with a104 degree fever. She kept spiking them for the next few days. We had to get blood, urine, strep cultures & lots of rounds of antibiotics. Meningitis was a big concern. So my heart aches for you. Bless your heart.

I'm so glad he seems to be getting stronger. Nothing is better than seeing your baby acting happy & healthy after a scare like that. Your family & little Carson will be in our prayers. Lots of love!