Thursday, October 4, 2007

Remember this?

Junior High Taco Salad.



Did you know you can buy 4 big taco shell bowls at

FOOD CITY for only $1.69?

And let me tell you, they are delicious!

And authentic.



They were

a huge

hit

at our house!!!




But I'm pretty sure I made them even better
than the ones from school!



2nd favorite lunch item: The Salad Bar

3rd favorite lunch item: Bagel and Cream Cheese



What was your favorite lunch item in
Junior High?




14 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

wow! looked good! my picks for Jr. high school lunch are
#3-soft pretzel and a soda
#2-giant cookie(oatmeal choc. chip!) or cinnamon Roll and Hot Chocolate in winter/frosty in summer

and my #1 fave lunch item in JR. High? ditching school and walking to Taco bell!

i never ate in the cafeteria! EVER!

Malissa said...

Okay, I use to live for taco bar in junior high!! I love that crap! Go figure!! Also, bagel and cream cheese, doy ou remember that red icy drink, I loved that too!! And taco bell bean burrito and a mountain dew! Love it!!

Kim said...

Love the taco bar. Some of my other ones are pretzel and cheese, fries and cheese, fries and chocolate shake, and never go wrong with a bagel and cream cheese. I always washed it down with some kind of soda. I wonder how I stayed so skinny back then.

Melanie and Will said...

OH YUMMMMMM!!!! Dang that looks soooo good!!! You didn't invite me over for dinner?! lol, j/k. Thanks for the taco shell tip! We'll have to try it...mmmmm, now I'm hungry!

My favorite lunches were: taco sald, huge choc chip cookie with a choc ice cream cone, or pretzel and nacho cheese....Mmmmm, yummmm, those were the days!!!!!!

Hannah + 4 said...

thanks that just gave me a great idea for dinner.. and easy too.. all for that these days..

Leslie said...

That cabin looked awesome! Whos is it?? Did you solve the crib monkey problem? I would seriously consider the crib tent. I heard it does wonders! My favorite was the pretzal with cheese! Oh and we loved the shakes too!! Go Kolts!!!

Amy said...

How YUMMY ! We miss getting the chips and tortillas at Food City. They're SO good. However I can leave my garage open and the bikes and lawn mower STAY in there. HA HA HA ! We miss you guys.

Love ,
Amy

THE BISHOP FAMILY said...

Hi Katie! I found your blog a long time ago, I think just one day or so before you found mine. However, I always forget my login info, so I don't always leave comments. Anyways, your family is absolutely adorable. Your kids are so grown up - I can remember when Taylor was just a newborn. I would love to keep in touch with you. Maybe we could surprise our hubbies sometime and have a date night or something. Oh yeah, congrats on becoming a massage therapist. I'm sure it was a lot of hard work!

Courtney said...

You just made me really hungry and now it's too late at night to do anything about it! Thanks alot! :)
I have about 20 Food City's around me so I will definately have to stop in get those shells..yummo! Friends of ours just had a mexican themed party catered from there...it was actually very good!

#1 Jr High lunch...bagel (not a pretzel) w/ "hot" cheese. Weird!

THE ROGERS FAMILY said...

Mmmmmm... Katie you just brought back so many memories from junior high for me. Remember our first day of 7th grade? We were so happy to have 1st hour together! I have so many wonderful and fun memories of us growing up. I loved the taco bar, bagel and cream cheese and the red slush!

Heather said...

Katie, you crack me up! The poses your kids were doing demonstrates yours (& their) commitment to "the blog."

I'd have to say on special Fridays I'd splurge & get the fries with cheese & the slush with ice cream. No wonder I was chubs in Jr. High. :)

KatieJ said...

That is a great find- those look really good! I think I usually got a bagel or a pretzel and some kind of candy... and a slush! Unless it was pizza- gotta love how every meal came with french fries and a shake!

Shauna said...

I had to take my lunch in Jr. High but in High School... a Taco Bell bean & cheese burrito and a sprite for like $1!

That taco salad looks so good!

Corree said...

Those look so yummy!! I never knew that Food City had those & now we live no where near a Food City. I will have to remember to stop & get those next time I am in the neighborhood.