In my attempt to avoid any and all house work I found myself putting my macro-lens on my Canon. I headed outside to check on my garden, front and back. This is a daily occurance now that we have a "real" garden. Picket fence and all.
Front:
Nasturtium
jumping spider
early girl tomatoes
oregano with some sneaky clovers
Back:
grass sprouts. hopefully more sprout up! it cost a pretty penny and we have big bald spots!
Yum, hope this produces well.
herbs
Bardrock hen
Americana hen- the "Easter egg" layer
Peyton's collection of yard treasure
If you are going to have a serious garden then you have to have cute yard decor. Thanks to my friend Alisha I have a good start.
Now onto the stinky stuff:
stinky fly trap
"deodorized fish emulsion"
Lies! all lies! My yard smells like a nasty fish market!
Never, ever, ever try using this stuff on anything indoor!
I hear the stink is worth it though. We shall see.
And last but not least. The giant that occupies our porch.



8 comments:
I should be making dinner right now, but instead I am thoroughly enjoying your beautiful pictures of your outdoor views! I am so jealous. Our yard is slowly making it's way, but only after Wendy has had her way with it first. (Stay tuned later tonight on my blog.) My garden is not growing, because of our nasty dirt. Hopefully it will be good enough ground by Fall planting season.
By the way, we also planted artichokes. We were so excited about them! But now that their out the window, you will have to let me know how they turn out and I will attemp again next year.
awesome pics sweet garden, one day I too will take that project on! I too love to avoid the house work, with that type of beauty, why stay inside!!!
These are AWESOME! I am particularly liking the spider and the bird house images. Those are keepers for sure.
Have you ever considered starting up a Photoblog, or perhaps posting your portfolio online using something like onemodelplace.com? I'm up there. It's not that expensive ($10.00 a month for the lowest membership level). It could even lead to paid photo ops.
Beautiful photos. Don't you just LOVE Spring? Oh, and I am totally with you on that Fish emulsion. I have a sneaking suspicion some really mean person keeps spreading the nasty rumor that it does wonders in your garden... tried it one year and will NEVER EVER EVER do it again. I hate fish and could not tolerate the smell . And Oh! the bugs!!!!!! I am now a miracle grow mama!!!!
Your pictures are amazing. I can't wait to see it all.
Wow Katie you have a serious photography talent! I am super impressed. Marcus tried to start a garden in our backyard last year and it failed miserably. And I have nothing even close to a green thumb.
You've been busy, very nice.
With that fly catcher I swear you'll catch all of your flies and Megan's flies and Jo Dillard's flies and my flies... EVery ONE'S flies are now at the Prince home. Those things are CRAZY! We did that last year and I had more flies than I've ever had! Your yard looks amazing! Good Hard WORK LAdy....
Post a Comment