Friday, April 4, 2008

Happy Birthday Heather!!!

You are such a wonderful friend and I am so grateful that we have managed to stay in touch for so many years!
Did you know that we have known eachother for over 18 years?!
That makes us sound SOOO old!
*Thanks for being the only one who wanted to play with me on the playground when I was the new girl at school!
*Thanks for all the laughs in Mr. Bones class!
*Thanks for sticking up for me whenever Vernee was rude to me! (she probably just thought I wasn't good enough to be your best friend)
*Thanks for the all expenses paid to summer camp with you and to your mom for a card in the mail EVERY single day!
*Thanks for not laughing at me when I was hanging out at your house when my mom called to tell me my hampster died and I bawled my eyes out!
*Thanks for not getting mad at me when I dropped a huge bowl of water all over your parents nice wood floors!
*Thanks for being I think the only other girl to skinny dip at one of your birthday parties!
*Thanks for being the friend that got their very first bra with me!
*Thanks for letting me eat at your house even when you weren't hungry!
*Thanks for letting me spend the night all those bazillion times!
*And for not calling me a baby when I brought my blanket with me every single time!
*Thanks for daring me to slide down the water fall at Riverside park in my clothes so that I would always remember how embarrassing it was to have a wet muddy butt and your mom yell at us for wondering off!
*Thanks for telling me how beautiful I was all growing up even though I didn't really believe you, coming from one of the most talented beautiful girls I've ever known!
*Thanks for all the memories and so many more that I didn't mention!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love you so much and will forever and ever!
I am so happy that you have such a wonderful family and a happy wonderful life!
Oh, and so so sorry for busting a gut laughing when you did that front flip off my trampoline onto your stomach and landed on the brick steps! It really did look quite amazing and funny!
Good thing my mom was there to comfort you since I was clearly not in the right state of mind to do so myself.

7 comments:

Malissa said...

Ugh...you definitely coulda cropped me out of that picture, I wouldn't have been sad or mad!! You two are so cute!! How fun to have been friends for that long!! You guys ARE old!! Happy birthday to Heather!! How lucky you are to have a friend like Katie!! BTW...I'm bustin gut just picturing you falling off the trampoline!! lol

Courtney said...

What a sweet...and funny post!!!
Happy birthday Heather!

THE ROGERS FAMILY said...

Katie!...you are so sweet. I just lived through all those moments in my head. Oh, and there really are so many more. Thank you for your friendship. You really are one in a million!!!!

Seriously...who could forget salt water bonies?!!! Fun times my dear, fun times! Love you!!!!

Julie said...

Happy Birthday Heather, I had know idea you had know each other that long. That is awsome.

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

that was cute..and thanks for the laughs!!
I dont think I knew you guys were that close!

Crazymamaof6 said...

sweet post! what a fab friend. sounds like some great memories!

Anonymous said...

What a fun post! Don't worry Katie, Vernee was mean to everyone! AND I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one who got laughed at when I would hurt myself. Happy Birthday Heather (if you are reading this) you are beautiful!